Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Well that's just pimpin'

When it comes to qualities in roommates, I know exactly what to look for. Someone who possesses the ability to make me laugh, is considerate, relatively tidy (ahem, someone who likes doing dishes more than I), and someone who can bust a move like nobody's business.

Luckily, in the past 5 years, all of the roommates I've had landed on this list. Now, when it comes to qualities that they are looking for in a roommate, well, I sure do hope I've fit their list.

This past weekend, we added one to the list. A roommate who has the ability to get the guy she's mackin' on, to pimp out her roommate. That sounds awkward, but it's on the list!

Jen and I went for a dancing fiesta this weekend -- back to the bar we went to last time. Where, you might recall, I was successfully picked up, and later went on the date. Mr. Date did not call me after our date. Could have something to do with how quickly and awkwardly I jumped out the car when he dropped me off.

I digress... Rhianna, Kanye, even Bon Jovi. Jen and I were on fire with our sweet dance moves! And who do we spy? Mr. Date. I tip my imaginary hat at him, cheers my only beer of the evening with him (I was the DD for the night), and carry on. Jen got the giggles (ok, we both got the giggles) and tells me that Mr. Date keeps staring at me. Shuffle, shuffle, pivot, turn. Yup. He sure is.

I give the guy credit, because he danced his way over to us and started chatting. Started flirting. Made sure to not exclude my dear roomie from the conversation (which is rather important, in my books. Two girls at the bar....don't separate them). The guy did not leave our side for the rest of the night. He had us in stitches, and we had him in both shock* and stitches.

But what really got us all going, was when he was adamant that he and I were going on another date, and that Jen was going to double with one of his buddies. He points to his three friends, and tells her that she can have her pick of any of them. To which she replies: "Just three? What about the rest? I'd like to expand my options." He was quick on the ball, his answer was these were the best of the best, his other friends were lazy, unemployed, and, I quote, "one minute men," which she clearly should not date at all!!!

I believe someone is being pimped out here. Though now that I have relived this little story, I think he's pimpin' out his friends, not mine. Phew. Though, did I inadvertantly pimp out mine?

So if he calls like he said he will....he won a second chance.


~~~~~~~~~~~

*Turns out that girls like Jen and I don't have the girly filter on our brains that stops us from saying inappropriate things. I call girls like us "real". He was not expecting about 41% of what we were saying. Being "real" is also a prerequisite on my roommate checklist.

No comments: