Wednesday, October 3, 2007

A Call to Duty

Dear Ms. MacWhatsYourName,

I was writing to complain about the current state of your Blog – Kickin’ it in the SWO. Reading your blog had become a part of my daily route, a moment I looked to forward to each day. It has become a source of amusement for me. A treasured break in the daily monotony of my life. And while I understand the disruption in your commentaries do to your recent relocation, I’m disappointed to find that a month later, you are still neglecting your duties.

Please note that I shall be forced to find another blog should your abandonment continue.

Sincerely,

Ms. Claassen

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::


Dear Ms. Claassen,

Please be advised that I have consulted with my public affairs department in regard to your concern. They have informed me that there have been other complaints about my apparent neglect of the ever-so-popular blog, Kickin' It in the SWO. Regardless of the fact that I am making all of this up, I can assure that my attention will return to my blog in the very near future.

While I have been dissuaded by the fact that I can not log on to my blog from my new place of employment, I have been struck in a moment of glory that I can write a post on email and send it to myself at home, to later post in the evenings. Sheer genius takes time, Ms. Claassen, and I thank you for your patience while I figured this out.

In the mean time, might I recommend you peruse some of the blogs I have listed on my blogroll. I rather enjoy the writing style of Little White Liar, however, like me at this time, she does not post very often. Pioneer Woman, on the other hand, is an avid poster, and quite amusing. I learned a lot about farmers sticking their arms up cow's butts from her blog.

Thank you for taking the time to draw this to my attention. As a gesture of my appreciation, please find the attached gift certificate to my favourite restaurant, Chez Melissa, which is valid for a free meal. The head chef, Melissa, is a wonderful cook, and her dishie, Jen, sure knows how to make things sparkle!

Sincerely,
Melissa

*NB: If the attachment does not come through, you are invited to randomly show up at Chez Melissa. Should the staff be unaware of the situation, and not allow you entrance, shake your fist at them and give them the evil eye. This will ensure you the best seat in the house.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::

Ms. MacWhatsYourName,

Thank you for your prompt reply on this matter and for the gift certificate for Chez Melissa. I was fortunate enough to had have the pleasure of being served breakfast there and was quite impressed. I look forward to my next visit.

In regards to exploring alternative blogs, I will be sure to check out your recommendations, however I already have ample experience with farmers sticking their arms up cow’s butts as I have spent the better part of my life on a farm.

Ms. Claassen

No comments: