Wednesday, February 11, 2009

The Hard Sell

The lease on my car is coming to an end in the next few months, so I thought I would be on top of the game and check out my options.

I casually strolled into the dealership and laid it out on the table - I want to know what is the better choice, what is most cost effective, etc, etc. I chatted with the salesman for a while, we looked at different cars and pricing structures.

I told him I don't want, or need for the matter, all the fancy stuff on a car. I just want a base model with cd player, that's all. He kept bringing up these cars that had these options on it, and I kept telling him, no thanks!

So he's making a comparison for me, on a loaded car, vs the car my bro bought a few months ago. I look at him and say, "Kris, I should be living in the woods in a hut and riding a bicycle. That's how much I care about having options. I'd be happy with the bike and hut."

He stared at me for a moment and then burst out laughing. I think I drove home my point.

No comments: