Monday, February 23, 2009

Seven....plus.

I am perfectly aware that the world does not revolve around me. But for Pete's sake, if only during these past few day, it did, then I would have posted yesterday with my seven things!!

As I have previously mentioned, the weather up here in the winter blows. However, when I say blows, I do not mean the slang version meaning bad, as I had meant before. I literally do mean the wind blows the snow around here like it is going to take down the world. And interrupt all of Melissa Macfarlane's travel plans.

The sky in Waterloo yesterday was perfectly blue. We stopped by to see my sister for a quick cup of tea, before carrying on our way north. However, upon leaving, a short 15 minutes outside of the city, and roads were less than ideal for driving. The notion of the next hour and 30 minutes of snow drift covered country roads was enough for us to turn the car around and impose on my sister for the night.

But I digress, here is my list for the week.

1. I am grateful for my sister's kindness in that she was excited that the roads were bad which meant we got to spend the night at her house.
2. For the power outage during the week that prompted an evening huddled around the fireplace telling stories with my grandparents.
3. For having friends scattered across Southern Ontario that I can visit with and always have a great time with them.
4. For snowtires that keep me driving and not skating on the roads.
5. For the glory of facebook - yes, facebook. For it's ability to make me feel not so lonesome at the office where I work alone.
6. For the stranger that my friend and I befriended at the bar who made our night out even more hilarious.
7. Last, but not least, for breakfast at the Sunset Grill on Bloor....mmmm.....

No comments: