Friday, July 6, 2007

Another Fornication Friday

Friday has arrived yet again. (Because I was expecting it not to!?!?!) And yet again, I whistled my way through the day, avoiding work.

Hey. When I sit in a damn cubby in the middle of the hallway, and no one is around, how are they going to know?? I am like an island out here. I still manage to get my shit done. I just get it done faster and with less effort. Only 49 days left. That is 7 Fornication Friday's that I can't wait for.

For the next week and a half, I have been appointed the task of recording all the daily payments that come in. This is a job that was once mine, one that I have happily shed to another sucker in this office. And yet here I am, agreeing to do it for the next 7 days. I believe it says sucker on my forehead.

So yes, I did the cash, answered the phone a few times and read the news online. Real news and fake news. Fake news being that of celebrities. Those people are fuckin' dumb. Honestly, why do we pay so much attention to them, and give them the gratification of that attention? All the Paris' and Lindsay's of the world should just roll over and die. (Ok, well maybe not die. No need to be so mean. They should just roll over out of the way and stay there.) This whole Britney Spears drama with her umbrella...why do we care?

Ok. Enough of the damn celebrities.

In the real news today, I found an article about an ice cream truck driver who was not-so-inconspicuously selling weed from the same truck. Bravo Mr. Dealer, nothing like providing the weed and the snacks for the munchies that are soon to follow, and then getting busted for it. Who did he image himself after? Cheech or Chong? Perhaps he would have been better to spray his truck with weed and have the potheads lick and peel the weed off the side or something. This alleged pot-peddler was spotted by local police after they had been given a tip off of his illicit selling of wares. The statement given by the officer who spoke to the man who delighted children of all ages, was that he "detected the odour of marijuana coming from the truck (along with tutti-frutti and a couple other flavours)." I'm glad that the cop gave recognition to the fact there was ice cream on board the truck. I suspect this pot-dealers dreams of becoming the king pin has gone up in smoke.....

And score for me, it's 4:48. I get to go home soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei teu blog pelo google tá bem interessante gostei desse post. Quando der dá uma passada pelo meu blog, é sobre camisetas personalizadas, mostra passo a passo como criar uma camiseta personalizada bem maneira. Se você quiser linkar meu blog no seu eu ficaria agradecido, até mais e sucesso. (If you speak English can see the version in English of the Camiseta Personalizada. If he will be possible add my blog in your blogroll I thankful, bye friend).