Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Lists upon lists

I don't know what it is about the summer time that keeps me so busy. I get frazzled easily and have moments of 'ohmygoodnessthereisnotenoughtime' just like Jessie Spano every now and then, that I don't experience in the fall, winter or spring.

And yes, I know that I have some big things on my list this summer, but that doesn't explain why my past 4 summers have been hectic times. The invitations/requests/demands seem to multiply when the heat goes up.

I am trying to keep on top of everything I need to do. Lately, I've resorted to writing out lists of things I need to do. And they really have been helping me. I've been quite productive lately actually, which always elicits an inward smile. However, last night, I strayed from the list--went out for dinner, sat on my rear watching Sex & the City (it was the ones where Carrie first met Aidan, how could I turn those off???), and whitened my teeth with Crest Strips (which I must say, don't work since I am too forgetful use them more than three days in a row...good job Melissa, good job...). When bedtime rolled around, I didn't even hit the hay--instead I stayed on my laptop and msn'd with Simon down in Australia. All productiveness went down the drain, unless you count the further convincing of Simon that we should marry as an achieved goal. (Which, he said he told his mom of my plans, and she laughed. No Bev, you're supposed to tell Simon that is a fine idea.)

I haven't written my list of things to do for tonight. Perhaps I'll just use last nights.

No comments: