Friday, June 22, 2007

Fornication Friday

I've been signed into my blog for nearly an hour now. Trying to think of what to post. While it's Friday, and I want it to be a 'Fornication Friday', work has been interrupting that plan.

(Well, that's what I get for trying to screw off at work....)

Perhaps I can give tips on how to have your own Fornication Friday. Not that I am a pro at faking work or anything, and my office is pretty lax, but I've got a few tricks up my sleeve.

1. If you are one for idle chatter with co-workers, I recommend printing random reports to the printer, so you have an excuse to stand up and walk away from your desk. Upon retrieving the documents, examine them closely with a stony face, look up and walk over to the coworker you wish to gossip with. While chattering away, randomly wave the paper, point at it, and try not to laugh at the joke she just told you.

2. If you have call display on your phone, turn your ringer off. If a call comes through from someone you HAVE to talk to, you will know by the number or extension that shows on the call display. Otherwise, turn the ringer on your phone to the lowest setting, and pick and choose when you answer. If no one directly around you knows you are not taking the calls, who can give you trouble for it? If it's someone who needs you immediately, they will leave a vm, and you can just say you were either on another call, or in the middle of a report or something.

3. Spread out lots of paperwork, books, what-have-you across your desk. Have document in front of you at all times that makes it look like you are referring to it while on the computer.

4. If you are meandering around the office, always have an answer prepared for what you are doing away from your desk. I.E., looking for the office manager because you have a question about something, looking for a ruler, trying to track down some original paperwork. You get the drift. That way when you are goofing off in the I.T. room, you won't get in trouble. Computer trouble is a likely reason to be talking to the guy in I.T. And if you had to work on my computer, you would know that weird things happen to my computer a lot so it is believable.

Ok so it turns out I don't have that many tips as I thought. Give me a break.

Hope you are all having a great Friday!!!!!

No comments: