Monday, April 23, 2007

Your Local Concession Stand

You should think that I sell Kit Kats and Reese's Peanut Buttercups with this latest concession I am about to make. It's like people can just walk up to me and say "I want this, and you will do that to let me have it." I willingly say ok.

Ok, maybe not always willingly. But I usually end up doing so. I am just too nice. I don't like to fight about it, I don't like to make a scene. I just want it all to pass and for life to return to peace. And if that means I have to shrug my shoulders and say an emphatic "meh" and roll my eyes, I will.

Sometimes I hate myself for it. Sometimes I scream in my head "Are you kidding!?!?! Take a stand!!!" Sometimes I throw things on the floor to express my anger. (Ironically, after I do that I laugh at myself and I'm not so mad anymore.)

And oh, there will be a concession coming up. But he's going to have to suffer and wait for it. This time.....my concession stand is not operating on full hours.

No comments: